Sunday, July 24, 2011

Adventures of week 5

7/18/11-7/23/11


So, I did not really get a chance to do anything off of my list last week nor did I write down what I did, so I'm not all positive what I did what days haha but never the less...
Monday morning, unfortunately I had to say my goodbyes to Dad and Lorrie. No, saying goodbye does not get easier each time. It still completely sucks. But to boost my mood a bit at work, we took the kids on a field trip to Chucky Cheese. It was fun to see the kids go nuts with their tokens. In my second class, I learned how to put hearing aids in for one of my kids which was pretty interesting.
me, Jordan, Gigi, Jhy, and Paige at Chucky Cheese


My friend Maria, from work, had posted an inspirational video on her facebook. I checked it out and this was my favorite quote from it :
Fear keeps people small
Run towards your fears
Embrace them
"On the other side of your greatest fears lives your greatest life" -Robin Sharma

As I think about this.. It's completely true.  I was terrified to move, but now that I have.. I have grown so much and gained more than I had imagined already, and it's only been 2 months that I've been here. I have always kind of been a little intimidated by kids for some reason. I guess just because I had never had experience with them. I am the youngest in my family, so no little brothers or sisters. A month past and I was still in the process of getting my aesthetic license transferred to Kansas, therefore, I was not working yet. My sister, went on a girls trip with the fam and mentioned that I was currently unemployed. Laurie, who is (bare with me) my bro in law's (Tyler) sister's (Jenna) husband's (Robbie) mom, owns this daycare and told Gen that they were hiring. Gentri then called to asked me if I would be interested in working at a daycare. (My thoughts: hmmmmmm. I am on this streak of trying new things. Currently all I do during the day is write, run errands, take care of the dog, clean, and watch tv. I have no friends and I would be forced to meet people. I have always wished that I would be good with kids. It would give me something to do. And last but not least... I need money.) I had no reason not to, other than my being nervous. I went in, applied, and started working at the Christian daycare that very next week. Now... Would have I just gone out on my own to apply for a job at a daycare just because I wanted to? No haha of course not. I really like my job though. And from this, I have met a lot of really cool people and was able to make some friends. Every day I am learning how to be with kids.

Wednesday night I think I just watched The Boondock Saints (one of my fav movies) with Morgan because he had not seen it before. 

Thursday night was a new experience for me most definitely. I went out to a gay club with Jhy and her cousin. Drag queens wearing scandalous dresses that were barely covering there butt cheeks, could booty pop in 4 inch platform heels, better than I can walk in them haha. When we walked out of there, the three of us looked as if we had just walked out of the pool. SWEEEAAAAATTTTYYYYY! It was fun still, a little small,  but another experience to say the least. 

Friday night I ran 3 miles on the track with walking about 2 in between (For me... thats extremely good.. I don't run normally), and still worked out after.  Then, Josh and Jhy came over to watch Saw, The Final Chapter.

Gentri and me :)
Saturday when I woke up, Gen was out doing homework and Ty was gone camping or on some trip ha , so I had the house to myself. She texted me to let me know that she was having car troubles and she was waiting to get her battery replaced. Didn't sound like the best day to me. She was also planning on cleaning the house at some point because it was rather messy. In what time? I couldn't tell ya haha. I cleaned the kitchen, living room, main floor bathroom, upstairs bathroom, guest room, and for a little extra surprise.. I cleaned her room and bathroom. Aaaaaand the coolest sister award goes to................drumroll...........................Brooke Samara Brown! thanks : D After she came home and walked all through the house, including her room, she walked up to me with tears in her eyes, gave me a giant hug, and told me THANK YOU.  Knowing how much she appreciated what I did, easily made it worth while. Seeing someone else happy and smile,  and knowing that you had a part in that, most definitely is one of the best feelings you can have!


No comments:

Post a Comment