Saturday, July 23, 2011

Adventures of week 4

List
  • Indulge in your "guilty pleasures". (Chick Flicks, ice cream, video games)
  • Get a pedicure!
  • Strike up a conversation with a complete stranger
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/11/11 Monday

Got my butt kicked by 6-7 year olds bowling. If it's any consolation I was the only one not using bumpers. All the kids are just sittin makin fun of me cuz they were getting better scores. My turn comes up. Strike! I look behind me to see all the kids just doin there own thing. Like really.... there's like what? 24 some odd kids, and not one, (NOT ONE) saw me bowl that strike.  Five minutes later some of the girls saw that I had a strike on the screen and were yelling "Miss Brooke!! You got a strike!" as there jumpin up and down and givin me high fives and hugs. You see, now that was the initial response I was aiming for when I looked back the first time. Eh, better late than never ha. After work, shopped around Hobby Lobby for about 2 hours until they kicked me out :( Got myself some new calligraphy and paint stuff to play with though! So for the rest of the night, that's just what I did. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/12/11 Tuesday

Practiced painting strokes and painted a panda at work while the kids colored. After work, went to the in laws for an extremely tasteful fish fry (potato wedges, hush puppies, and of course.. freshly caught fish), minus the beets that EVERYONE had to taste, which tasted how a garden smells. After dinner I went to Walmart to buy one of my fav chick flicks/movies. As I was walking out to my car, a lady (darker skin, prob in her 50's, missing some teeth) with a cart of groceries caught my attention and asked me to give her a ride home :/ .... Sketch!  I really wanted to help her out but it was pretty iffy. For one, I was alone. And two, I had already gotten my gps and aux chord stolen the week before. I asked if She needed me to call anyone for her or if I could help out in that way but she said no. So I said sorry and went on my way.. As night rolled around, a big thunderstorm hit so I thought, "what better night to refer to my list!" My guilty pleasures hmmmm?  Watched Burlesque while eating oreos dipped in milk, feeling cozy wrapped up in blankets, listening to the storm just outside my house.  ahhhhhhhh so nice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/13/11 wednesday

Harley decided she wanted to wake up at 5 freakin am.. then 6 am, and again at 7 when my alarm went off (so glad I got 3 hours of sleep. awesome). Went to the dmv that is supposed to be right up the street from my house and of course they just changed locations to a mall. Took me a half an hour to find it. Two hours later I got my license,or should I say paper receipt.. and registered to vote (For you mom). I was sooooooo tired at work and trying so hard not to fall asleep during a movie with the first class and a movie with the 2nd class... killer. Plopped right on the couch once I got home and instantly passed out. Dreamt about stir fry haha, and woke up to dinner made (which smelt like stir fry). Ty grilled turkey, zucchini, and cooked potato wedges mmmm yes.  I ran a mile. Took an amazing bath.  So... I decided that a warm bath after a good run=best luxury.... After a bed ha. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/14/11 Thursday

Came home from work to Dad and Lorrie! I had been counting down the days till I got to see them.  This was a great night. Burgers for dinner right before "small group bible study", which if you were wondering...  My new friend from church did come. We moved furniture and boxes from the trailer to my room and basement finally before bed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/15/11 Friday

It was hard to work knowing that my dad was home but when I did get home, we ate a fantastic steak dinner, sat at the table for a while after, just talking and reminisced about funny childhood stories. We went to the theatre's to see the last Harry Potter! which was amazing. Last but not least, I slept in my very own bed for the first time in two months. <3 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/16/11 Saturday

Got woken up by my dad jumping on my bed (some kids just never grow up). Came upstairs and there was fresh coffee, cinnamon rolls, eggs, and crepes with fruit. Lets be honest, breakfast just doesn't get any better than that! My dad who has two Harley Davidson motorcycles, then took the girls to get pedicures! Yes he got one, along with a manicure haha. Conveniently enough that happened to be on my list. oh man, pedicures were a brilliant invention. We met Ty at the Harley Davidson store, went out for some Kansas BBQ, and for our night activity, we decided to try somethin new and experience some live jazz music at The Blue Room downtown. First time listening to live jazz music... I loved it. The family had a great time visiting, sippin on drinks, and watching the band. One guy in particular, playing with the band (the drummer), really drew my attention. He had a giant smile that illustrated the simplicity of happiness that drumming gave him.  He would sway his head back and forth, and back and forth as if each time, he were tossing out worries and letting solely the music fill his head.  Apparently his performance had my attention a lot more than I thought because Gen had asked me when I was planning on asking for his number haha. Then she turned completely serious and mentioned how this would be a good time to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger (the band was taking a slight break).  Well.... I figured ha, "I got nothin to lose", as I walked up to the drummer, introduced myself and told him that he was doing a great job. Of course the whole time I am talking to this drummer (Ryan Lee), Lorrie, Dad, Gen, and Ty are just creepin with all eyes on us haha. yada yada.. It was nice meeting you and so on. I must have done somethin right, because about 10 minutes after I sat back down at our table, Ryan came up and introduced himself to my family, handed me his card, and asked me to stay in touch. Success.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/17/ 11 Sunday

Church Sunday morning was inspirational as always. It puts me in a good mood :) Fun little fact.. Lorrie had not experienced a church service like ours before, so it was fun to bring her along for the experience. After church, we ate at First Watch. I got some bomb tasting french toast with fruit! Dad and Lorrie came with me to run some errands and we were able to get me some new bedding as well as some drives for movies :)  Sunday night go carting is half price so that is how we spent the night! Definitely a blast with my slightly competitive family haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment