Sunday, July 10, 2011

Adventures of week 3

List 
  • Have some fun with temporary tattoos.. go crazy :p
  • Have a picnic
  • Go out for a milkshake, slurpee, snow cone.. what have you
  • Create a playlist. Add some new songs that you haven't heard before. Go on a walk.
  • Strike up a conversation with a complete stranger.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------

7/3/11 Sunday


Starting this week with the first thing on my list, Jhy and I got tatted up and gave ourselves sleeves with temporary biker tattoos and some random glow in the dark ones so they would show up on Jhy ;) haha.




Later Josh, Poala, Jhy and I went to watch fireworks... Well at least that was the original plan haha. When I gave my phone and gps to Jhy so she could punch in the address, she decided to type some persons house address. After 45 minutes of driving in the middle of nowhere, we finally came to the destination of some way sketch neighborhood that led literally to a dead end. We made our way back and just hung out at Sonic for a while. When I got home I was able to Skype my bestie Dani! So that was tons of fun to see her :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/4/11 Monday (4th of July!)
Went to the pool with the fam for a few hours and enjoyed some rays. It was a beautiful day! I still had my sweet half sleeve tats. Robbie (Jenna's husband) asked me if I was going to fill in the gaps of the tattoos to pull it all together haha.. oh funny. He thought they were legit. For later festivities and the 2nd thing on the list, we all met up later for a picnic and firework show. The picnic turned into a smorgasbord because everyone brought tons of food to share. (sausage, cheese, crackers, macaroni salad, chips, grapes, juicy watermelon, homemade cookies, and drinks haha) jealous? Now I just have to tell you how amazing the sunset was this night, omi it was gorgeous! So of course I caught a couple pics. The firework show was pretty great too. I honestly could watch fireworks for hours. Unfortunately, some tunes were lacking at this event. Still tons of fun though.





When we came home, we found a ginormous spiderweb in our backyard going from the rosebush, to the deck stairs, with a bright red spider chillin in the middle. It was awesome! Tyler and I caught some bugs, threw them in the web, and watched as the spider spun them into little cocoons. It was rather entertaining haha.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/5/11 Tuesday

I go out to my car Tuesday morning, about to head to work, only to find that my gps and aux chord had been jacked. (not like I use them much or anything..) BLAH. But besides that, work went well. Entertaining as usual haha. 

Story from work today, not using real names of the kids:
  • Zach- comes up to me and Breanna, "Brad stuck his middle finger out at me!"
  • Me and Breanna- "Brad, are you sticking certain fingers out at people? You know that means something bad right?
  • Brad- "Yea... Germs "
When I came home from work, Tyler asked me if I wanted to go out for some frozen custard:). So for the 3rd thing on my list, Ty took me to Culvers and bought me frozen custard with tons of oreo! yum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/6/11 Wednesday

 Succeeding work, I spend the majority of my night creating a music playlist which is the next thing on my list.
 
 
Haha long ass playlist, I'm aware.. it took me a long ass time :)  But hey maybe you will find your new fav song from this! When I finished this, me and Harley (my puppy) took a relaxing night time walk as I jammed to my new playlist. Along the way, I passed by a rather good looking guy who was also taking a  stroll, listening to his i pod, (not wearing a shirt might I add).  Hmm and I come to the last thing on my list: Striking up a conversation with a complete stranger...... SYKE
Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda............. Didn't. (too scared) Haha Save that one for another day when I grow the balls to start the conversation with a random person.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/7/11 Thursday
The kids played with shaving cream today. Just sprayed a bunch out on the tables and let them mess around with it until it was all soaked in ha. Messy-not as bad as I had imagined. In fact, the kids were practically doing the my dirty work while having a blast because the shaving cream made the tables spotless after I wiped them off. Quite convenient. Jhy came with me to run some errands after work and shop a bit. This last paycheck got spent on a new gps.. Although this one is a lot nicer than my last one, yay. I also bought some makeup foundation. Who would have thought that make up could make you smile, or laugh. Way random..

Love your thighs, they are beautiful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/8/11 Friday

Friday night, me and Jhy thought it might be fun to bring her little dog over to meet my big dog and take them for a walk together. Well you see, "little" is an understatement for her dog haha. Pretty sure, sweet innocent Harley thought Oreo was a rodent.. Harley=100 lbs. Oreo= a whopping 8 lbs. After the walk (with me about 5 ft ahead of her the whole way), we just went to Paola's and hung out with a few people. I was tired as hell with a pounding migraine when I came home around 2am. To my surprise, there was a full sized mattress leaning against the couch that I've been sleeping on! There was no way I was going to sleep on the couch again, knowing that mattress was like 5 ft away from me haha. That night's sleep was so well worth the struggle of moving the mattress myself. You have no idea how excited I was to sleep on a mattress.. a real mattress :) . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/9/11 Saturday

guest bedroom
me and Marcus
Saturday I helped G & T rearrange furniture and such. They turned the room I was stayin in into a real guest bedroom. Therefore until my room gets here, I have a real bed to sleep in and a dresser to put my suitcase in haha pretty happy. July 9th is my best friend marcus' birthday so I made sure to give him a call to wish him a good one. He turned 21 this year haha. I told him all he needs to remember is that his best friend Brooke called him. At 7pm Morgan and his band were havin a show downtown so Jhy and I went to support and watch them perform at that. I am actually way glad we went cuz some of the people were very impressive. It was nice to just do somethin new and be around younger people just hangin out, havin a good time, watching people do what they love.



Came home to a black cat sitting right by Jhy's car. Personally I'm not a superstitious person. Jhy on the other hand haha you could say was slightly unnerved by the cuddly thing. Anyhow lol, I looked up "black cat superstition" on the interweb. "In some cultures, black cats are considered good luck and in others, they are considered bad luck." (Wiki)
-Great Britain- Good Luck
-Scottish- Prosperity
-Western- Bad Luck, associated with witches, gambling
I dono bout you, but I choose to side with the British and Scottish on this one!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/10/11 Sunday

It is hecka more difficult to get out of a bed in the morning than a couch if your wondering ha <3 The feeling as been greatly missed lol. At church I was introduced to a great new song, "Grace" by Michael W Smith. Ty also introduced me to a girl named Karrie. It was her first time attending our church and she was kind of in the same boat as me, as far as not having many friends and starting new in some sense. I'm not sure if that really counts for the last thing on my list but it's the closest I've gotten to it so far ha. I sat by her through church, we got to talk for a little while after, and I believe she is going to come to "small group" bible study at my house Thursday night :) . 




No comments:

Post a Comment